1. Empower communities to develop and maintain their housing;
2. Reduce the cost of housing in total, including construction, operation, and maintenance;
3. Reduce the dependency on fossil fuels through available sustainable energy solutions;
4. Serve the cultural and domestic modes of households;
5. Focus on community health and safety through healthy housing and safe energy;
6. Contribute to community self-sufficiency and land stewardship;
7. To support the development of appropriate Energy and Water regimes to achieve the above.